When you join Nedbank, you start building your career from day one, as you are part of a real team, working towards real goals, learning from experienced leaders and receiving real support. No wonder that so many of our trainees build their future success on the sound foundation of a vision-led and values-driven organisation where trainee accountants are encouraged to make things happen for themselves.
Through Nedbank 58 trainees have qualified as chartered accountants over the past 14 years (with six more qualifying by December 2012).
Over and above ensuring that the trainee becomes competent in some 93 outcomes, the rotations at Nedbank all have a future-career focus, thereby challenging every trainee to demonstrate adaptability, tenacity and business acumen from day one.
What Nedbank looks for
|What we expect from you
||What you can expect from us
- An out-of-the-ordinary-thinking mentality.
- Proactive rather than reactive approach.
- Thirst for knowledge, challenges and learning opportunities.
- A strong academic record.
- A strong sense to give back to your community and environment.
- Team player.
- Continuous support, mentoring and coaching.
- Flexibility in plotting your rotation path.
- Commitment to your personal and professional development.
- Exposure to as many divisions across the bank.
- Sponsorship and support from executive management.
- Personalised attention.
- Open communication and transparency.
- Opportunity to contribute to Nedbank's success and be a part of an organisation that believes that great things begin with great people.
- Networking opportunities.
- Learn from the best in the organisation
- A development path tailored to your goals and ambitions
A message from our CFO
The Nedbank CA Training Programme has been accredited since 1997, making this one of the oldest programmes. The fact that this is a small programme compared with those of our competitors - we currently have 32 trainees - means that we can ensure that every trainee receives the necessary assistance and individual training required.
We pride ourselves on the varied and challenging experiences we provide for our CA trainees, the commitment of our mentors and supervisors in the business space and the team participation and leadership opportunities that trainees are afforded during their three-year contract period.
Although our contracts do not require trainees to work at Nedbank after qualifying, we have found that the overwhelming majority of trainees remain in the organisation.
As for academic achievements, we're always one of the top three organisations (judging by the pass rates). This is testimony not only to the calibre of our trainees, but also indicative of the effort they put into making their training a success.
The CA Training Office supports the Nedbank belief that great things begin with great people. You will find that Nedbank is an organisation whose values and vision support you in your quest to become a sought-after chartered accountant.
The depth and breadth of the exposure we provide to our trainees contributes to developing the insight required by a highly competitive global economy.
Our trainees build their future success on the solid foundation of a vision-led and values-driven organisation where trainee accountants are encouraged to Make Things Happen for themselves.
Our trainees get their 'hands dirty' from day one, contributing to Nedbank's success, and interacting with experienced leaders while receiving the required support.
I encourage you to develop a thirst for knowledge and experience during your traineeship. Make sure that the choices you make now ensure your success tomorrow.
Success starts here